Share this blog...

Bookmark and Share

A blog about my 1989 Land Rover 90 (Defender). It's here so I don't forget all the stuff I've done to it and will also hopefully be a help to anyone else with similar issues!

Thursday 19 February 2009

More heater problems - new thermostat

More heater issues! Even though the fan was blowing on both speeds my Landy had never really got that warm. Having got hacked off with this and thinking that the temp gauge never moving more than a couple of mm was wrong I thought I better do something about it.

I thought I'd replace the thermostat first off as they are cheap and easy to do and then give the whole system a flush if that didn't work. Imagine my surprise when I removed the thermostat housing and found nothing but water in there - there was no fricking thermostat fitted!!!

Anyway, the good news is that now it actually has a thermostat it warms up quickly and sits dead on centre of the temp gauge whether in traffic or on a run. Even better than that is that the heater is now half decent :)

No comments:

Post a Comment