Share this blog...

Bookmark and Share

A blog about my 1989 Land Rover 90 (Defender). It's here so I don't forget all the stuff I've done to it and will also hopefully be a help to anyone else with similar issues!

Sunday 18 January 2009

Big service day

Big service day! Drained off old oil and removed the oil filter (located back left of the engine), fitted new oil filter and filled with new oil.

Replaced the air filter with a new one - again, nice and easy.

Replaced the front and rear diff oils. Removed the fill plugs first to make sure I didn't end up with drained diffs that had seized fill plugs ;) Drained it straight out (oil wasn't too contaminated) and refilled using an oil syringe.

Removed oil fuel filter and replaced with new one and new sealing washers. Landy wouldn't start after doing this :( Did some reading about it and realised I needed to prime the filter using the manual handle on the lift pump. I loosened the top and pumped the primer until fuel came out and then tightened that back up. I opened what I "think" is the bleed screw on the injector CAV pump and used the primer until fuel came out. I then tried cranking it and after quite a long time it fired up for about a second before dying straight away and now my battery is flat! :( Put in on charge overnight...

No comments:

Post a Comment