Share this blog...

Bookmark and Share

A blog about my 1989 Land Rover 90 (Defender). It's here so I don't forget all the stuff I've done to it and will also hopefully be a help to anyone else with similar issues!

Friday 1 May 2009

Fitted steering guard

For my birthday I received a snorkel from my fiance and a heavy duty aluminium steering guard from my parents - how well do they know what I like :)

After about a minute I discovered that the snorkel wouldn't fit :( My TD Landy doesn't have a TD nearside wing for the air intake which is where the snorkel fits. That's now a job for another day that will involve cutting holes in my Landy and some jiggery pokery!

I then went about fitting the steering guard which had it's own issues. It is a 3 piece type guard which are easier to fit but as I have an A bar then it wouldn't fit as the A bar hangs too low and obstructed the guard. In the end I decided to remove the A bar and relocate the number plate as I prefer the look of the guard.

And here it is!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment